A simple oat nog matcha latte made with 3 ingredients. This vegan “eggnog” matcha latte is the perfect festive holiday drink.
If you’re looking for a new way to enjoy matcha during the holidays, you need to try an eggnog matcha latte. This festive cozy drink is creamy, sweet and lightly spiced thanks to the vegan eggnog. This recipe is also extremely versatile. You can adjust the sweetness, plant-based milks and matcha amount to your liking. I hope that this recipe gives you some guidance on preparing the best matcha eggnog latte at home.
Oat Nog Matcha Latte Ingredients:
- Vegan “eggnog”: I love Earth’s Own Oat Nog or Silk’s Festive Nog, but use your favorite vegan eggnog. The “eggnog” that you use will change the flavor of the latte. Make sure that you use one that you love.
- Oat Milk: I recommend combining oat milk and “eggnog” together to reduce the sweetness of the latte. You can easily adjust the ratio to increase or reduce the sweetness to your taste.
- Matcha: Use a ceremonial matcha green tea powder for the best results. This will give you a bright green latte with a lovely matcha flavor. Culinary grade matcha powder also works, but you will get a dull green color with a possible “fishy” flavor. I used DoMatcha, but use your favorite. If you want to learn more about matcha, I recommend checking out this matcha guide from Veggiekins.
Note that this post is not sponsored. I am simply sharing the products that I personally use.
How to Make a Vegan Eggnog Matcha Latte at Home:
- Whisk the Matcha
Start by heating water in a kettle. It’s best not to use boiling water when preparing matcha. Add the matcha (sifted if possible) to a matcha bowl, along with approximately 1/4 cup of warm water. Whisk the matcha by moving the matcha whisk back and forth, until no clumps remain and the matcha is frothy.
- Heat the Milk
Combine the vegan eggnog and oat milk in your drinking cup. Heat in the microwave until warm to your liking (about 2 minutes for me). Alternatively, you can heat it up in a saucepan. Again, avoid boiling liquids for matcha.
Add the whisked matcha to the warm milk. Stir to combine and enjoy.
Oat Nog Matcha Latte FAQ:
Yes! While it’s not the traditional method to prepare matcha, you can make a frothy matcha latte using a blender. Simply add your ingredients in a blender, blend and you’re done. Just be careful when adding warm ingredients in a blender as there will be steam when you remove the cover. You can check out this recipe for a blender matcha latte.
You can use any plant-based milk that you enjoy in lattes and that are unflavored. Oat milk works well and it’s the one that I recommend the most for this recipe. I also enjoy soy milk or a combination of soy milk and oat milk in this latte.
Most major grocery stores carry at least one brand of vegan eggnog here in Canada. The ones that I find the most are Earth’s Own, Silk and Califia Farms eggnogs. If your regular grocery store doesn’t carry any, health food stores often do. Brands and availability will depend on where you live.
The vegan eggnog will add sweetness to this latte, so you likely won’t feel the need to add sugar. You can adjust the ratio of eggnog and oat milk for a sweeter latte. If you love a sweeter latte, feel free to add sugar to your taste.
More Matcha Recipes:
- Blender Oat Milk Matcha Latte
- Pumpkin Spice Oat Matcha Latte
- Mint Matcha Latte
- Iced Matcha Latte With Oat Milk
- Coconut Blender Matcha
- Matcha Coconut Energy Bites
- Matcha Coconut Macaroons With White Chocolate
- Vegan Matcha Sugar Cookies
Oat Nog Matcha Latte
- 1/2 cup vegan eggnog of choice
- 1/2 cup oat milk, plain
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- Start by heating some water in a kettle. It's best not to use boiling water when preparing matcha.
- Meanwhile, combine the vegan eggnog and oat milk in your drinking cup. Heat in the microwave until warm to your liking (2 minutes for me). Alternatively, you can heat it up in a saucepan. Again, avoid boiling hot liquids.
- Add the matcha (sifted if possible) to a matcha bowl, along with approximately 1/4 cup of warm water. Whisk the matcha by moving the matcha whisk back and forth, until no clumps remain and the matcha is frothy.
- Transfer the frothy matcha to your cup of warm oat milk. Stir to combine. Enjoy!
If you make this oat nog matcha latte, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!