A quick and easy shredded tofu bacon wrap. The shredded tofu bacon is packed with smokey flavor and served in a wrap with your favorite vegetables and condiments. All you need is 15 minutes to prepare this simple vegan lunch or dinner.
Vegan wraps have been a go-to lunch for us this past year and this shredded tofu version is our favorite. It’s full of smokey bacon-like flavor that’s perfect with veggie-packed wraps. It’s also a great meal prep option. This recipe serves 2-4 wraps, depending on how filled you like it (it usually serves 3 for me). If you want more servings, simply double the recipe.
I hope that you’ll like it as much as I do!
Shredded Tofu Bacon Wrap Ingredients:
- Soy sauce: I use low-sodium soy sauce.
- Nutritional yeast: for a delicious umami flavor.
- Liquid smoke: A must for the smokey bacon-like flavor.
- Rice vinegar: You can also use white wine vinegar.
- Sesame oil: Use toasted sesame oil for the best results.
- Smoked paprika, onion powder and garlic powder: For flavor.
- Olive oil: For cooking.
- Tofu: Use extra-firm tofu.
- Wraps: I use whole grain wheat wraps, but you can use your favorite wraps. Use gluten-free wraps to make this recipe gluten-free.
- Vegetables and condiments of choice.
How to Make Simple Shredded Tofu Bacon:
Here are the steps to making shredded tofu bacon at home.
- Prepare the sauce
In a bowl or jar, whisk together the soy sauce, nutritional yeast, liquid smoke, sesame oil, rice vinegar, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Cook the tofu
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan. Add the shredded tofu and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the prepared sauce and stir until combined. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve it warm in a wrap, in salads or other meals of choice.
More Tofu Recipes:
- Sesame Ramen Noodles With Crispy Tofu
- Easy Vegan Tofu Sandwich
- Marinated Tofu Sandwich
- Amazing Soft Tofu Scramble
- 5-Ingredient Avocado Tofu Pasta
Shredded Tofu Bacon Wrap
Shredded Tofu Bacon
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 block (400g) extra-firm tofu, shredded
- 3-4 12" wraps of choice
- Vegetables of choice
- Condiments of choice
- In a bowl or jar, whisk together the soy sauce, nutritional yeast, liquid smoke, sesame oil, rice vinegar, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the shredded tofu and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the prepared sauce and stir until combined. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until it reaches your desired doneness, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the shredded tofu bacon in a wrap with your favorite vegetables and condiments.
If you make this shredded tofu bacon wrap, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!