A refreshing watermelon strawberry lime smoothie made with 3-ingredients. Naturally vegan and gluten-free, this simple smoothie is perfect for a hydrating summer snack.
The most refreshing smoothie made with just 3 simple ingredients: watermelon, strawberries and lime juice. It’s not meant to be a high-protein, filling breakfast smoothie. Instead, I love having this smoothie as a light hydrating snack during the summer.
- Watermelon: Make sure to use fresh in-season watermelon for the best results. If fresh watermelon is not in season or accessible to you, you can use frozen watermelon. I recommend thawing the watermelon in the fridge before using. You will need the watermelon to be fresh or thawed as it will create the “liquid” for this smoothie. Otherwise, you could try using fresh strawberries and frozen watermelon.
- Strawberries: Use frozen strawberries to create a cold, refreshing smoothie. As mentioned above, if you want to use frozen watermelon, use fresh strawberries.
- Lime Juice: This will add a bit of acidity and flavor to the smoothie. You can use more or less to taste. I recommend using freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Sweetener: A sweetener is not necessary for this recipe as the fruit will already be sweet. However, if the fruits are not in-season or overly sweet, you can add some extra sweetness with a Medjool date.
Watermelon Strawberry Lime Smoothie FAQ:
Yes! Raspberries would be especially good in this recipe. Other fruits might work well, depending on your preferences. Just make sure that you use frozen fruits.
I love adding a Medjool date for a little extra sweetness when the watermelon or strawberries aren’t as sweet. Maple or a vegan honey could be good to taste.
Yes, lemon juice could work. Start with a small amount and adjust to taste.
More Smoothie Recipes
- Pink Berry Lime Smoothie
- Green Avocado Lime Smoothie
- Large Batch Green Smoothie
- Nourishing Strawberry Banana Oat Smoothie
- Simple Strawberry Banana and Orange Smoothie
Watermelon Strawberry Lime Smoothie Video:
Watermelon Strawberry Lime Smoothie
- 2 cups watermelon, diced, fresh
- 2 cups strawberries, frozen
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, about 1/2 lime
- 1 Medjool date, pitted (optional)
- Add the watermelon, strawberries, lime juice and date (if using) in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
If you make this watermelon strawberry lime smoothie, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!