A simple green avocado lime smoothie recipe. This plant-based smoothie is nutritious, filling and perfect for breakfast or a satisfying snack. It’s made with just a handful of ingredients, including a frozen banana, avocado, spinach, hemp hearts, lime and plant-based milk.
If you’re looking for a filling and nutritious breakfast, this is a good place to start. This green smoothie contains a good balance of healthy fats, protein and fiber to keep you full for hours. It’s very refreshing thanks to the lime juice and zest. Plus, it’s perfectly sweet from both the frozen banana and dates.
What You Need to Make a Green Avocado Lime Smoothie:
- Frozen Banana: This will add sweetness to the recipe. Use a frozen banana to make your smoothie cold and thick.
- Avocado: You’ll need a small avocado or half a large avocado. This will make the smoothie extra creamy, while adding healthy fats.
- Spinach: Don’t worry, you won’t taste the spinach. I added spinach to this smoothie for a beautiful green color, fiber and extra nutrients.
- Hemp hearts: These will add some protein, fiber and healthy fats. Feel free to add more if you’re looking for a higher protein smoothie.
- Lime juice and lime zest: This will add a delicious freshness and acidity to the smoothie. You can add more or less to taste.
- Plant-based milk: I love using low-fat coconut milk in this smoothie for a delicious flavor. If coconut is not your thing, you can use other plant-based milks. Soy milk is a great option if you want a higher protein smoothie.
- Dates: These will make the smoothie a little sweeter. I find that 2 dates make this smoothie perfectly sweet. You can add more or less.
- Ice: Add ice to bulk up the smoothie and make it colder.
- Vanilla: This is optional, but recommended for a light flavor.
Just blend everything together and you’ll have a great nourishing breakfast or snack.
More Green Smoothie Recipes:
- Large Batch Green Smoothie
- Refreshing Green Mango Smoothie
- Hydrating Super Green Smoothie
- My Favorite Protein Green Smoothie
- New Year Tropical Green Smoothie
Nutrition Posts to Help You Create Filling and Nutritious Smoothies
Green Avocado Lime Smoothie
- 1 large banana, frozen
- 1 small avocado (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup baby spinach, packed
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (1 large lime)
- 2 teaspoons lime zest,
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
If you make this avocado lime smoothie, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!