The best nutritional yeast dressing, made with simple ingredients. This creamy salad dressing is made with olive oil, tahini, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and garlic.
This has been my absolute favorite salad dressing for years. I used it in a couple of my salad recipes on here, but I thought it deserved it’s own post. So if you’re looking for a creamy, flavor-packed salad dressing, you need to try this recipe.
Ingredients and Substitutions:
- Nutritional yeast: As the name would suggest, this salad dressing is packed with nutritional yeast, which adds a delicious flavor and extra protein.
- Olive oil: Extra-virgin olive oil works great in this recipe, though a light-tasting oil could work too.
- Soy sauce: I use low-sodium soy sauce, which adds the perfect amount of salt to my taste.
- Apple cider vinegar: For acidity.
- Tahini: Use runny tahini to add creaminess to the dressing.
- Water: This recipe is on the thicker side. You can add more water for a thinner dressing.
- Garlic: A generous amount of garlic, though you can adjust it to taste.
How to Make a Nutritional Yeast Dressing:
Here are the simple steps that you need to make a nutritional yeast dressing at home.
- Chop the Garlic
Add the garlic to a strong blender and blend for a few seconds to chop.
Add the nutritional yeast, olive oil, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, tahini and water to the same blender. Blend until creamy. Serve with your favorite salads.
How to Use Nutritional Yeast Dressing:
You can use this dressing in any salads you’d like, but if you’re looking for specific recipes, you can try the two salads below.
The Best Nutritional Yeast Dressing
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water, or more to thin
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- Add the garlic to a strong blender and blend for a few seconds to chop.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender. Blend until creamy.
If you make this nutritional yeast dressing, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!