Date-sweetened no-bake seedy granola bars. These delicious chewy bars are vegan, nut-free, oil-free, gluten-free and packed with fiber and healthy fats. Make them for meal prep and enjoy them for quick snacks throughout the week. These seedy bars are also great for school!
This recipe was originally posted in 2017 and has been updated with new photos and extra details. They were originally called “seriously addictive seedy no-bake granola bars” in case you’re wondering if this is the same recipe. I changed the name since I didn’t feel comfortable using the word “addictive” to describe food. Don’t worry, it’s the same recipe that you love!
These granola bars are chewy, hearty, sweetened with dates and contain a delicious combination of coconut, vanilla and cinnamon flavors.
They’re also perfect for meal prep. The bars are done in under 15 minutes, from start to finish. Just dump all the ingredients in the food processor, process them for less than a minute and press the mixture to the bottom of a glass dish. Drizzle with melted chocolate and store them in the freezer for quick snacks throughout the week. The best part? They can be eaten straight from the freezer as the dates keep them chewy!
What you need: Medjool dates, oats, shredded coconut, sunflower seeds, hemp hearts, flax seeds (or chia seeds), cinnamon, vanilla, salt and chocolate.
Notes on the Recipe:
- Make sure to use soft Medjool dates. Dry dates will result in crumbly, not so sweet granola bars.
- You can use ground flax seeds or chia seeds (ground or whole). Choose what you have on hand.
- To keep these bars fruit-sweetened, use unsweetened baker’s chocolate. Otherwise, I recommend using dark or semi-sweet chocolate.
- Use vegan chocolate to make these bars vegan.
- Use gluten-free certified oats to make these bars gluten-free.
- If you’re not looking for a nut-free recipe, you can replace the sunflower seeds with cashews or walnuts.
More No-Bake Granola Bars:
- Chocolate Chunk Protein Bars
- No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars (Nut-Free!)
- No-Bake Walnut Granola Bars
- Chocolate Pretzel Quinoa Bars
Watch How to Make the Recipe:
No-Bake Seedy Granola Bars
- 1 cup soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup flax seeds, ground (or chia seeds)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, raw
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/4 cup water, as needed
- Unsweetened or dark chocolate, for drizzling (optional)
- Process the dates in a food processor for a few seconds until chopped.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except for the chocolate and water. Process until you get a crumbly mixture. Add the water, a little at a time and continue to process until the mixture easily sticks together when pressed. You might not need to use all the water depending on the softness of the dates.
- Press the mixture evenly at the bottom of a square 9" glass dish. Use a smaller dish for thicker bars. Drizzle with chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator or freezer until the chocolate hardens. Cut into 8 bars. Enjoy!
If you make these seedy granola bars, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!