No-bake walnut granola bars that are made with basic ingredients in under 15 minutes. These bars are sweetened with dates and are naturally vegan!
These walnut granola bars are simple and require only 6 ingredients (7 if you add a chocolate drizzle, which I recommend) and less than 15 minutes. All you need is a food processor!
They’re also packed with fiber from the dates, oats, nuts and seeds. Plus, they offer some omega-3’s and protein from the walnuts and hemp hearts. The result is a nutritious, satisfying and balanced snack.
No-Bake Walnut Granola Bar Ingredients:
- Walnuts: Walnuts add a nutty flavor and texture to the bars, plus a good dose of fiber, healthy fats and protein. You can also replace the walnuts with other nuts, such as cashews or pecans if you want to switch it up.
- Oats: Oats are the base of these bars, along with the walnuts and dates. They make the bars hearty and packed with soluble fiber.
- Hemp Hearts: These add extra protein and healthy fats to the recipe.
- Dates: Use Medjool dates for the best results. Medjool dates will help the bars stick together, plus they’ll add sweetness to the recipe.
- Vanilla and Cinnamon: The combination of vanilla and cinnamon adds a delicious flavor to the bars.
- Salt: To balance the sweetness and enhance the flavors.
How to Make Walnut Granola Bars:
Here are the steps that you need to make easy no-bake walnut granola bars.
- Chop the Dates
Add the dates to a food processor and pulse a few times until chopped.
- Process the Other Ingredients
To the same food processor, along with the dates, add your oats, walnuts, hemp hearts, vanilla and cinnamon. Process until the mixture sticks together when pressed, adding water as needed.
- Form the Bars
Press the mixture at the bottom of a dish. Cut into approximately 8 bars and drizzle with melted chocolate if desired. Store in the fridge or freezer.
Walnut Granola Bars FAQ:
Yes! I would recommend pecans or cashews for a similar texture. Almonds could work, but they are harder and will affect the texture.
You can replace the walnuts with sunflower seeds and/or pumpkin seeds, but note that the flavor will be affected. I find that seeds add a stronger flavor, which might not be to everyone’s liking. For a trusted nut-free granola bar recipe, I recommend making these seedy granola bars.
You can replace hemp hearts with ground flax seeds or chia seeds. You can also use a combination of both. If you don’t have any seeds on hand, you can just use more walnuts.
More No-Bake Granola Bar Recipes:
- No-Bake Seedy Granola Bars
- No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars (Nut-Free!)
- Chocolate Chunk Protein Bars
- Easy No-Bake Oat Bars
Watch How to Make the Recipe:
No-Bake Walnut Granola Bars
- 3/4 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons water, as needed
- Dark or semi-sweet chocolate, for drizzling (optional)
- Add the dates to a food processor and pulse a few times until chopped.
- Add your oats, walnuts, hemp hearts, vanilla and cinnamon. Process until the mixture sticks together when pressed, adding water as needed. It will depend on how dry your dates are, I usually need around 3 tablespoons.
- Press the mixture at the bottom of a dish. Cut into approximately 8 bars. Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.
- Store in the fridge or freezer. I like to use glass Tupperware containers, which can be closed and stored in the freezer. These bars can be eaten straight from the freezer.
If you make these no-bake walnut granola bars, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!