Roasted potato and chickpea salad with a simple tahini dressing. This hearty salad is made with just a few ingredients in less than 30 minutes. It’s the perfect filling, yet nutritious salad too enjoy all year long.
This recipe was originally posted in 2017 and has been updated with new photos and extra details to help you make the best salad.
Since I first shared this recipe, it’s been one of my favorites. For years, I’ve been making this salad (or versions of this salad) on a monthly, if not weekly, basis. What’s not to love? It’s comforting thanks to the roasted potatoes. It has a nice crunch from the chickpeas and a delicious creamy tahini dressing. It’s certainly my go-to winter salad thanks to the combination of warm and cold ingredients, but I love it all year long.
How to Make a Roasted Potato and Chickpea Salad:
Start by roasting the potatoes and chickpeas with a bit of oil and salt. While these ingredients are roasting, prepare the tahini dressing. All you need to do is mix tahini, white wine vinegar, water and garlic. When the potatoes and chickpeas are done roasting, just throw them in a bowl with your greens of choice and the dressing. I also love to add a sprinkle of nutritional yeast. That’s it!
- Use your favorite roasting potatoes. I love to use mini potatoes and cut them in half. For larger potatoes, cut them into thin slices, cubes or fries.
- You can make this recipe with sweet potatoes if preferred.
- Fee free to add extra toppings, such as seeds, sprouts and/or shredded carrots.
- You can take the tahini dressing to the next level by adding a small amount of maple and Dijon mustard to taste.
More Hearty Vegan Salads:
- Warm Roasted Carrot, Lentil & Quinoa Salad
- Vegan Sweet Potato Winter Salad with Toasted Pecans
- Lentil Quinoa Salad with Nutritional Yeast Dressing
- Roasted Potato Pesto Salad with Spicy Chipotle Chickpeas
- Vegan Caesar Salad with Tempeh & Sweet Potatoes
- Cozy Winter Salad with Crispy Tofu and Rice
Roasted Potato and Chickpea Salad with Tahini Dressing
- 2 medium or 4 small potatoes, thinly sliced, diced or cut into fries
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or more to taste
- 6 cups greens of choice (Spring mix, spinach, kale, romaine)
- Nutritional yeast for topping (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablepsoon olive oil, or more water
- 1-2 tablespoons water + more as needed
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the potatoes and spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place chickpeas on the same baking sheet and toss everything with oil. Sprinkle with salt. Roast for 30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, place your greens in a large bowl.
- Prepare the tahini dressing: In a small bowl or jar, mix tahini and white wine vinegar to form a paste. Add oil, water and garlic. Mix together and add more water as needed.
- When the potatoes and chickpeas are done, add them to your greens, along with the dressing and nutritional yeast (if using). Toss ingredients together and serve immediately.
If you make this roasted potato salad and chickpea salad, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!