A comforting vegan London Fog tea latte. This simple latte is made with Earl Grey tea, almond milk (or plant-based milk of choice) and vanilla. It only requires 5 minutes of preparation and is perfectly infused with a light vanilla flavor.
A cozy tea latte for the colder seasons. I originally shared this delicious London Fog in 2019 while we stayed in London for a month. I learned at the time, while looking for England-inspired recipes to share, that the London Fog originated in Vancouver. So it’s only appropriate that I update this old favorite recipe with new photos and extra details while I now live in Vancouver.
I hope that you’ll enjoy this homemade vegan London Fog as much as I do.
Vegan London Fog Ingredients and Substitutions:
- Earl Grey Tea: Use your favorite Earl Gray tea. There’s no substitution for this one. It’s a key ingredient to get that classic London Fog flavor.
- Plant-Based Milk: The original recipe used almond milk, but I since tried it with oat milk and loved it as much, if not more. Use your favorite plant-based milk.
- Vanilla Extract: This recipe is best when made with pure vanilla extract. This will offer a better and richer vanilla flavor. You can also use scraped vanilla bean pods if preferred.
- Sweetener: This is optional. If you enjoy a sweeter latte, add your favorite sweetener to taste. Regular granulated sugar or liquid sweeteners would work well. Add it to the steeped tea before adding the milk.
How to Make a London Fog Latte:
Here’s how to make a simple vegan London Fog tea latte at home.
- Steep the Tea
Start by steeping your Earl Grey tea in hot water. I love to steep it for a good 5 minutes so that the tea is nice and strong.
- Steam and Froth the Milk
Meanwhile, heat your milk in a saucepan and whisk until frothy. You could also use a milk steamer if you have one. Once done, whisk in the vanilla.
Pour the warm, frothy almond milk in the tea. Done!
More Earl Grey Recipes:
Vegan London Fog Tea Latte
- 1 bag Earl Grey Tea
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or plant-based milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sweetener to taste, optional
- Boil the water in a kettle, then steep the tea bag in 3/4 cup of hot water for 5 minutes. You want the tea to be strong.
- Meanwhile, bring the almond milk to a low boil in a small saucepan. Let it simmer over medium heat for 3-4 minutes while whisking or until the milk is warm and frothy. Alternatively, use a milk steamer.
- Add the vanilla to the milk and whisk a few more seconds.
- Pour the warm milk over the strong tea. Serve immediately.
If you make this London Fog tea latte, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Looking for more?
Check out my Cozy Vegan Drinks eBook. It’s packed with a total of 22 warm beverage recipes, including vegan lattes, hot cocoas, matcha lattes, teas and more!