Easy dark chocolate almond freezer fudge. This vegan dessert is made with 8 pantry ingredients in under 15 minutes of preparation.
A delicious vegan freezer fudge with a rich roasted almond and chocolate flavor. All you need is 15 minutes of preparation and a few basic ingredients. You can also easily substitute some of the ingredients to create a fudge that meets your preferences!
What you need: Almonds, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, chocolate chips, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt.
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Freezer Fudge:
- Start by roasting the almonds until lightly golden and fragrant.
- While the almonds are roasting, add the almond butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, melted chocolate, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together until combined.
- Spread the mixture in a loaf pan and top with the roasted almonds. Sprinkle with a small amount of flaky sea salt and shredded coconut if desired.
- Place the fudge, uncovered, in the freezer for 1 hour or until solid. Cut the fudge into the shape and size that you prefer and enjoy!
Tips to Make the Best Vegan Freezer Fudge
- Avoid using the hard almond butter at the bottom of the jar. It should be drippy and creamy.
- Use refined coconut oil if you don’t want your fudge to have a light coconut flavor.
- You can top the fudge with other nuts if preferred. Chopped hazelnuts, pecans or cashews would work well too.
- I haven’t tried using other nut butters, but from experience with other recipes, they should work. You can try using a smooth, drippy peanut butter or cashew butter. Keep in mind that I can only guarantee the best results with almond butter.
More Vegan No-Bake or Freezer Dessert Recipes:
- No-Bake Mocha Donuts
- Chickpea-Nut Butter Ice Cream
- Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Vegan Berry Cheesecake Cups (Fruit-Sweetened)
- Mini Cookie Dough Chocolate Mousse Cups
If you’re looking for a another fudge recipe, you can check out my date-sweetened peanut butter freezer fudge.
Dark Chocolate Almond Freezer Fudge (Vegan)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted (dark or semi-sweet)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Pinch of flaky sea salt, for topping (optional)
- Shredded coconut, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, making sure there's enough hanging on each side to pull out the fudge later.
- Chop the almonds and spread them on a baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes or until lightly golden and fragrant. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the almond butter, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, melted chocolate, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan. Spread it evenly. Top with the roasted almonds and sprinkle with a small amount of flaky sea salt and shredded coconut if desired.
- Place the fudge, uncovered, in the freezer for 1 hour or until solid. Cut the fudge into the shape and size that you prefer, making about 12 pieces. Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer.
If you make this chocolate almond freezer fudge, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!