Vegan caramel Frappuccino topped with coconut whipped cream and a simple caramel drizzle. This recipe is made with frozen bananas, dates, cold brew and plant-based milk. It’s nutritious, refreshing and delicious!
This recipe was originally posted in 2016 and has been updated with new photography and additional tips to help you make the best vegan Frappuccino possible. I hope you’ll love it!
This is not your usual Frappuccino. Not only is this recipe vegan, but it’s also made with frozen bananas and dates. There’s no added sugar or syrups. All you need is bananas, dates, plant-based milk and cold brew. The frozen bananas add sweetness and texture to this recipe, while the dates add a light caramel flavor that pairs perfectly with the cold brew.
How to Make a Homemade Vegan Frappuccino
This recipe includes a few steps, but I included optional shortcuts to make it as simple as possible!
- First, start by making your cold brew ice cubes. You can use my guide to making homemade cold brew or you can use store-bought for a quicker option. Simply freeze the cold brew into cubes overnight.
- Next, slice and freeze two bananas overnight.
- When you’re ready to make the Frappuccino, add the cold brew ice cubes, frozen bananas, dates, plant-based milk and vanilla to a high-speed blender. Blend until creamy.
- Top your Frappuccino with vegan whipped cream or homemade coconut whipped cream (recipe below). You can also add a drizzle of vegan caramel to take it to the next level. Here, we’re making a simple “caramel” using peanut butter and maple syrup.
Notes on the Recipe:
- You can use your favorite plant-based milk in this recipe, though I would recommend using plain and unsweetened varieties. This recipe was tested with plain, unsweetened almond milk and oat milk. Both turned out well.
- To add protein to this recipe, you can try using soy milk! This would make for a slightly more satisfying snack, but of course, it’s not necessary!
- You can also use deglet noor dates, but you’ll need 3-4 since they’re smaller. I find Medjool dates sweeter and less dry. A blender might not break deglet noor dates as well as Medjool dates.
- Feel free to use store-bought cold brew and vegan whipped cream for quicker options. You can also skip the optional toppings!
Watch How to Make the Recipe:
Vegan Caramel Frappuccino
- 2 large bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup plant-based milk of choice (see notes)
- 4-6 cold brew ice cubes, or more to taste
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coconut whipped cream, optional (see notes)
- Vegan caramel sauce, optional (see notes)
The Day Before
- Make the cold brew ice cubes using this recipe or store-bought cold brew. Freeze the cubes overnight.
- Slice the bananas and freeze them overnight or for at least 12 hours in an airtight container.
To Make the Frappuccino
- Add the cold brew ice cubes, frozen bananas, dates, plant-based milk and vanilla to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately with coconut whipped cream and a drizzle of "caramel" sauce if desired.
If you make this vegan caramel Frappuccino, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!