Meal Prep Roasted Buddha Bowl
Cook once, get 4 meals. This roasted buddha bowl is made with roasted vegetables, leafy greens and is topped with a garlic tahini dressing, nutritional yeast and seeds. It's packed with nutrients and will fill you up for hours.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or about 1 can, drained and rinsed)
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced
- 6 cups broccoli, cauliflower or brussels sprouts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Leafy greens for serving
- Sunflower seeds or hemp hearts
- Nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar (apple cider or white wine)
- 1 garlic clove (minced) or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons water, more as needed
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Place the prepared sweet potatoes, broccoli (or vegetable of choice) and chickpeas on 2 baking sheets. You want the vegetables and chickpeas to be well spread out to ensure even cooking.
Roast for 35 minutes or until well cooked and slightly crispy. You can keep the sweet potatoes an additional 5-10 minutes if you want them crispier.
Meanwhile, prepare the dressing: In a small bowl or jar, whisk together the tahini and lemon juice/vinegar. It should form a thick paste. Add the garlic and water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Whisk until smooth and runny enough for drizzling.
Prepare the bowls: Add one handful of greens in each bowl. Top with the roasted vegetables. Drizzle with the tahini dressing and top with seeds and nutritional yeast if desired.
If you're doing meal prep for more than one or two, double or triple the recipe! This recipe makes 4 servings.
Add the dressing before serving for best result.